| || || |
|Nestle Paddy Club |
Introduction of Nestle Paddy Club
- Organica Biotech Sdn Bhd (“OBSB”) is proud to have collaborated successfully with Nestlé, as a principal project-partner in Nestlé Paddy Club to promote paddy sustainability in Kedah,Malaysia
- Besides supplying and monitoring the application of Agri-Organica to Nestle, Organica Biotech and Nestlé Paddy Club jointly educate farmers on sustainable farming.
- Based on trials in Nestlé Paddy Club and continuous use of Agri-Organica by contract farmers, yields have increased more than 20% since 2009 and arsenic levels in the produce has been reduced to levels extremely below the normal established safety levels.
- Nestlé Paddy Club’s core objective is to provide significant benefits to three key areas – People, Planet and Profit – by
- using environment-friendly supplements that effectively deliver incremental yields
- provide additional income to the paddy farmers in Kedah
- bringing about environmental benefits through more efficient water usage and reduction of greenhouse gas emission, by the commercialisation of the Semi Aerobic Rice Intensification (SARI) method.
|For more information:Nestle Paddy Club |
Objective of Nestle Paddy Club
- Fully commercialized Semi Aerobic Rice Intensification (SARI) for low arsenic rice
- Demonstrate viability and advantages of SARI method to grow rice.
- To increase current yields by using environmental friendly and natural/organic based approaches.
- Reduce environmental impact of rice growing.
- 'confidential objective' of procuring guaranteed and sustainable low arsenic white rice.
- Encourge eco-friendly paddy planting methods among farmers.
- Reduce the use of chemical based fertilizers and pest control.
- Enhance argriculture sustainability
- Control and maintain the quality of rice produced and ensure accountability in the supply chain.
|For more information:Nestle Paddy |
|Creating Shared Value NPC |
|For more information: Creating Shared Value NPC |